I did this for the first time today. This is an idea from Gina Bianchini, the creator of Mighty Networks, adapted from "The Artist's Way" idea of morning pages. This variation speaks to me more. Here's how it goes.
First you do a mind dump. It's always suggested to do this in handwriting for the hand to brain benefits. You write out all the junk that's crowding up your head and just get it out. That alone is so worth it for me.
1. What are 3 things you can do in the future that you can't do today?
2. What are 3 things you've accomplished in the future?
3. What are 3 things you've taken a stand for in the future?
4. What has changed for the better in the most unexpected or surprising way?
5. Who are the people you've brought together?
6. What are 3 things THEY are able to do in the future that they can't do today?
If you do this, I'd love to hear how it goes for you.